Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thankful ...

We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning. ~Albert Barnes

Good morning!
I’m here to share my card for the new color challenge which started today at The Outlawz Challenges! Our sponsor this month is DiDigisStamps with a $12.00 gift card to her store.


This week’s challenge comes from Kimberly and we are to use shades of orange and make it thankful or Thanksgiving.



I was rifling through a box that contains scraps of design papers as well as papers I’ve made but never used. In there I found some glossy white card stock that I had started a “smash” design using my Stampin Up! re-inkers. I either never finished or didn’t like what I was seeing at the time but the colors were mostly what I needed so I pulled it out proceeded to update it with some more oranges, a gold and some sprays of alcohol.

Once I was happy with all the colors I die cut my leaves (I have a stack waiting for me to use now).
I thought about using more than one leaf, but with all the colors it just seemed to overtake the card and you couldn’t concentrate on how beautiful each leave is by itself … so a single leaf card was the ticket!


Card size 4.25 x 5.50
  • Card stock (The Paper Studio & Stampin Up!)
  • Design Paper (for the leaves) was created using glossy card stock, Stampin Up! re-inkers and alcohol
  • Leaves die (Sizzix)
  • Thankful die (Close to My Heart)
  • Sequins (Stash)

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop by TheOutlawz Challenges where a new challenge starts every day of the week!


(Hugs) Cara

No comments: