Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Proud American ...

We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights.  ~Felix Frankfurter


Good afternoon everyone!
Today America is celebrating it's hard won Independence. We celebrate as reminder of what and who has been lost to gain what we have and enjoy today.  America is not perfect, and sadly there are those who seek to destroy her not just from without but from within.

We don't need to agree on everything, but we do need to agree that tearing up our President (regardless of who holds that office) only succeeds in bringing down our credibility in the eyes of our citizens and our world.

We need to stop tearing down each other and pointing fingers. I remember my mom telling me when I was little that when you point fingers, look at your hand and see how many are pointing back at you. People of all ages need to stop looking at their phones and start looking around.

Where is the respect for self and for others? Where is the accountability? Where is the empathy so important to a healthy functioning society? When did people stop taking pride in a job well done, in their communities and in themselves?

Stop paying attention to what the media reports and start paying attention to the facts ... Period. If more people, regardless of political or religious beliefs voted with their heads and not their hearts, maybe we would not be in the position we find ourselves in right now.

Remember ... the moral degradation showing in this country did not happen overnight --- it's been brewing for years through multiple presidencies. Now it's starting to bubble above the pot.

I love my Country and I am proud of the American people who are stepping up and fighting back against those who are working to cause her failure. I don't disagree that there are times when Authority need to be challenged, but frankly I am tired of all the hate and vitriol being spewed by the media and the elitist celebrities who think their thoughts and opinions outweigh those of the common folk. Check out history and see where that same thought process got some people.

Point is people, this is not about color, religious or political belief, male vs female  or straight vs. gay/lesbian ... this is about the United States as whole ... WAKE UP ... Someday, bad things are going to happen here all because everyone was too busy trying to get a piece of the pie they didn't help bake.

Then what?


No comments: