Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Cake Day

Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. ~Menachem Mendel Schneerson

Good morning!

Today is the birthday of a co-worker whom my husband and I have know for close to 30 years!
I made this card for and let me tell you I was not happy with the first results.

I was using a DP that I just purchased from a company by the name of Momento (I have to say, so far none of their paper, stamps or dies impress me due to questionable quality) Anyway ... I thought, at first it might be my glue until I ran into warping problems with another card I made using the same paper pack.

Anyway, I had to do some creative bending to get this to look half way decent and I had to replace some of the paper elements damaged in the process.
So here is the card after it's minor make over....

Card size: 5 x 7
Card stock from The Paper Studio and Stampin Up!
Sentiment from Inkahootz!
Tag, gift from a friend
Enamel dots are home made.
India Ink from Memories
3/4" circle punch from EK Success
Card is based on a sketch by Studio Calico

Thanks for stopping by!
Cara








1 comment:

Lisa Young said...

Pretty card and colors!!!