Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Think Pink ... Pumpkins!

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom


Good morning 
I'm sure everyone knows that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, but how many of you have heard of pink pumpkins?

And I'm not talking about using a can of spray paint on a orange pumpkin ... 

A guest DT for the Outlawz, NanaConnie, told us about them and they are quite interesting to see.

I went a-google-ing to see what I could find out and apparently, "pumpkin" is a general term for a a type of squash and they come in colors ranging from the orange we all know and love to vibrant reds ... who knew?

The Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation oversees donations from pumpkin growers that have promised a percentage of their proceeds from the sale of each pink pumpkin sold to organizations involved in breast cancer research.

If you are interested in their mission statement, the growers involved and other interesting facts, please click on this link


The Clean and Simple Challenge this week at The Outlawz is to create a card for a cancer survivor. Several of us were so fascinated with the pink pumpkins that we decided to make our cards using them ... 

My card is in honor of NanaConnie and all the other women out there who have or are battling this atrocious disease. My thoughts are prayers go out to all of you and yours.

Stay strong and hold fast to your faith.




Supplies:
Card stock from Bazzill, The Paper Studio & Stampin Up!
Ink from Stampin Up!
DP are from my scrap bin
Sequins are from my stash
Sentiment from "Fight Like A Girl" by A-muse Studios
Pumpkin Die #2 from Sizzix
Embossing folder "Tide" from Lifestyle Crafts
Border punch from Fiskars
Based on layout of THIS card

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Please remember to check out the Pink Pumpkin Patch and the Clean and Simple Challenge at The Outlawz

Cara

CHALLENGES ENTERED


HIDING IN MY CRAFT ROOM

#169 Super Scrap Saturday

SISTER ACT CARD CHALLENGE

#78 Anything goes

THE STAMPING CHEF --- ***WINNER***

#50 Anything Goes

CREATIVE FINGERS CHALLENGE BLOG

#52 Anything Goes

LOVE TO CREATE CHALLENGE BLOG

#136 2 dies and sparkle



5 comments:

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love your write-up Cara and love the embossing in your pink pumpkins! The banner strips are the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Wonderful project! Thanks for playing at The Stamping Chef! Hope to see you next time and good luck!

Unknown said...

Holy pink pumpkins bat man! haha That's a really cool looking pumpkin card. Very October and think pink. Thanks for sharing :) Happy Paint Party Friday!
Tam Hess
cardmakingartists.com

NanaConnie said...

Thanks for the shout out, Cara. :-D Love the card and your pink pumpkins are perfect! Love the CAS design and the embossing.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great card, love the Pink Pumpkins!! What a great way to use your scraps too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo