Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Grieving with friends

Thought for the Day

“Be open to your dreams, people.
Embrace that distant shore.
Because our mortal journey is over all too soon.”
David Assael

Good morning
Such a sad day - good friends of ours lost their mother to cancer earlier this month and today is the final fare thee well.

Gatherings such as this bring home the reminder that my days with my own mother are numbered and that someday I'll be having to make this same journey as my friends are today.

She is all I have left of my family ... My father and two older brothers have already moved on to a better world, and they are waiting for her there.  But for now, it's just her and me and her health is not so great that I can delude myself into thinking she will be here for many more years.

I can only try to be a good daughter for this remaining time. A challenge, to be sure, because we seem to butt heads quite often ... two strong willed females that we are. Some things never changes as this was our relationship when I was growing up and living at home.

I don't agree with the path she feels she needs to follow but she has made her choices in life and I think, once I truly accept that, I will find a modicum of peace in how I handle our very turbulent relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother deeply, I just struggle with how many of her decisions negatively impact her and those around her.

So for now, I will work on spending more time with her as I can and hope, that before her journey ends, we both come to an understanding...

For her, understanding that despite our many differences, that I do care for her. That I love her very much and that I truly value and appreciate her. 

For me, a reconciliation of my heart for the Mother I knew as a child, and the Mother I know as an adult.

This card is for my friends.


Size: 5.5 x 5.5
Supplies
Card stock from Bazzill and Stampin Up!
Images from Sizzix "Butterflies #3)
Sentiment from Stampin Up! "Teeny Tiny Wishes"
Die from Spellbinders "Beaded Ovals"
Embossing folder edge from Darice "Lace"
Glitter 


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your card is beautiful, Cara, and will be kept for sure! As for you and your mom, I will pray for both of you, hoping you will do the same for me and my daughter!! LOL I so hear you because we have not been close as adults either. It isn't the same reasons, but they are there and I keep praying she will find peace and that we both can before I leave. Thank you for stopping at my blog and good luck in the drawing too!! Have a wonderful week!