Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Outlawz CAS Challenge: Retro

“Spread love everywhere you go.
Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
Mother Teresa
(1910-1997)

Good morning!
I hope you all had a fantastic week and weekend. Yesterday I spent the day with friends at the Renaissance Festival. Theresa has never been to one so this was a first time event for her. It was fun to watch her excitement at everything. Really added to the day!
The company and weather was perfect. The only missing was my husband since he had to work. :O(

Here's a couple pictures from the day ... More (maybe) to come!


I loved this Butterfly Bench. very comfortable to sit in. Sure wish I had space in my backyard for something like to this to actually look good.
Some day...
Some day...


Nothing like a beautiful day, a Hot Turkey Leg and an ice cold Guinness ... YUM!

My Friend Theresa and I hamming it up for her husband. Awesome day! and so looking forward to next years event!



So onto the real reason for this post! Today is the start of a new Clean and Simple challenge over at The Outlawz.

Cheri has chosen for you a fabulous challenge that will make you work it! She wants something from the 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's....music, fashion, vehicles, colors, art, people, (Howdy Doody, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis)...anything retro goes as long as it's CAS".

So come on my friends - put those creative thinking caps on and come play along with us this week!

Here is my Card:

Not sure if anyone remembers the spin tops, where you had to push down on a twisted metal rod to make them spin. (Loved those as child) ... Anyway - that's my take ... a Retro Toy. I used pieces of scrap DP and a picture to piece this together.

I thought this bit of lyric from "You Spin Me Right Round" from the band Dead or Alive worked. Although anyone who knows the song will know he's talking about a record and that it's from the 80's".

My husband has to leave town for several days on business and I slipped this into his overnight bag.


SIZE: 5 x 7
SUPPLIES
Card stock: (Base) unknown, American Craft & Stampin Up!
Sentiment: Computer generated
DP: scrap bin ... anything from Stampin Up!, The Angel Company, DCWV and who knows!

No comments: