Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Give Thanks

Good morning!
Today is a new day and a new Clean and Simple Challenge over at The Outlawz!

This week we are "Giving Thanks" ... One could think how cliche' since this month is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.A, but it's good to be reminded that giving thanks is not always about the Turkey and Stuffing. It's also about the people in our lives that we appreciate but so very often forget to let know how we feel.

Take the time to tell the people around you how thankful you are to have them in your life. Such a simple action and the only thing it will cost you is a few moments of your time, but it can make the whole day brighter for that special someone!

Here's my card for the challenge
I created the leaf using a sticker that I added to BG paper I made then trimmed out and added to card on a foam dot.

Supplies: Stampin Up! (card stock), Starform (Gold leaf sticker), Inkahootz (Sentiment), Paper Studio ("Leaves" EF), Memories (India Ink), metallic paper is scrap from my stash

The leaf background was made using a ink & alcohol technique


This card is going to my daughter in Japan. She has been posting on her facebook page wonderful pictures of Japan in the fall.  Her father & I are very proud of what she had accomplished. We are so thankful for her humor and wit and loving soul.

Please come on Come on by and check us out!
Maybe something will trigger your creative streak and you will play along with us.

HUGS
Cara

8 comments:

Misty said...

Very lovely. Is the background embossed & what folder?
CBIF
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://delitefulsuds.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Cara said...

Good morning and thank you ... Yes, the background is embossed. The folder is leaves from paper studios (hobby lobby)

Marie97 said...

Lovely! Beautiful colors! TFS from BIF

Vanessa said...

very sweet card I love the emboss folder you use!!
Vanessa
BIF

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the gold embossed leaf. Autumn in Japan is breathtaking.

BIF

Sukie said...

Pretty card, love the embossing. I will have to look for that folder at Hobby Lobby. The closest one is about an hour away.

Tina said...

Beautiful. just love those colours. Popping in from the BIF ladder. Hugs Tina xx

Linda in Sweden said...

Love your card, :)

Hugs from Linda
BIF